So, what are the benefits of dry tested?
- Dry elements do not have expiration date, making easier warehouse maintenance and inventory planning.
- Dry elements do not need re-preservation while wet elements preservation solution needs to be checked after 12 months of storage and eventually replaced. This operation is very labour intensive and can lead to high costs.
- More attractive warranties. The allowable storage time before mandatory start of the warranty has been extended by 6 months.
- Dry elements are lighter (4 kg / 8 pounds less) and do not have a preservation solution, which involves an easier and safer loading and installation.
- Due to the lower weight and the lower energy and water consumed during testing, dry elements are more environmentally friendly compared to wet elements, more specifically dry elements represent a 20% reduction in CO2 emissions compared to wet element.